LocationIncheba Conference Centre in Bratislava, Slovakia
The Proposers' Day is a yearly event aiming to promote the information and communication technology (ICT) research and innovation programme. It is the place where you can get all the information you need to shape your idea into a real project.
With this occasion we invite you to join the networking session on Micro-Nano Electronics. This session will focus on the following objectives:
- promote new fundamental advances and the possibility to bring them to the next stage of research,
- present the industry interests in these new advances,
- start cooperation between the different actors of the research value chain, from academia, research organisations and industry.
This session will also provide a set of short presentations of emerging topics related to the 3 major directions identified by the European Commission. Based on the strategy on electronics proposed 3 years ago, and as part of HORIZON 2020 the Commission is now calling for Research and Innovation Actions (R&I), Innovation Action (IA), and Coordination and Support Actions (CSA) in micro/nanoelectronics along these directions:
- R&D on new approaches to scale functional performance substantially beyond the state-of-the-art technologies with a focus on ultra-low power and high performance (TRL 2-3),
- 3D integration schemes (TRL 2-3),
- assessment experiments of semiconductor equipment with end user (TRL 6-7),
- promoting the attractiveness of careers and education in the area, and showcasing the possibilities offered by state-of-the-art hardware technologies.