LocationHotel Bloom, Brussels, Belgium
The workshop will take place in Brussels, 26 October 2016. from 08:30 to 17:00
WHY THIS WORKSHOP ?
The world economy is increasingly characterized as a service economy. In Europe services account for 70% of the economic activity and a similar proportion of total employment. The services sector is therefore a key contributor to the overall output and competitiveness of the European economy. The development of European service standardization can lead to more opportunities for European service providers looking to offer their services across borders. Furthermore, service users will be able to benefit from a wider range of service offers.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT ?
Contribute to an intensive one day event with keynotes, workshop break-outs, audience engagement, and panel discussions.
Your contribution will:
- define the state of play and challenges for service businesses to improve their competitiveness and offer their services across borders;
- establish a clustering of potential solutions and priorities;
- outline standardization solutions missing to industry to unlock the potential of the services market.
Your input will contribute to shape the European strategy for standardization in support of the services sector.
WHO IS IT FOR ?
This conference is designed for service providers, businesses, consumer organizations, trade unions, standardizers and policy makers. Participants will contribute their expertise and provide practical recommendations for standards in light of defining a strategy for standardization in support of services.
3 QUESTIONS WE WILL ADDRESS:
- Which challenges is the service industry facing?
- How are companies adapting to new trends in consumer behaviour?
- What are the implications for standardization in light of these new trends in services?