LocationRoyal Olympic Hotel
28-34 Ath. Diakou Str.
Jointly initiated by the EPoSS and Inside Working Group AI at the Edge and organised and hosted by the European project Edge AI, the European Conference on EDGE AI Technologies and Applications – EEAI aims to provide a European forum for sharing the latest scientific research and industry results using edge AI technologies and applications. Its scope covers the edge AI technology stack following emerging research and innovation from hardware to software, edge AI frameworks, architectures, algorithms, data types and methods to applications.
The EEAI conference will be held on October 17-19, 2023, at the Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens, Greece.
The event welcomes representatives for academia, researchers, and industry practitioners to exchange the latest fundamental advances in the state of the art and practice of edge AI technologies and applications, identify emerging research topics, and define the future of edge AI research and innovation.
Edge artificial intelligence (AI) combines AI, the Internet of Things (IoT) and edge computing technologies to provide real-time collection, processing, analytics, and decision-making.
The edge AI technologies and applications are constantly evolving and are driving future intelligent control and decision-making by moving AI capabilities closer to the physical world to enable the implementation of autonomous systems.
The development of edge AI is supported by advancements in edge processing devices with novel processing architectures, including CPUs, GPUs, TPUs, ASICs, FPGAs, system on chip (SoC), system on module (SoM), and neuromorphic accelerators.
The expansion of the micro-, deep-, and meta-edge continuum as part of the novel distributed AI-based computing architectures support the emerging intelligent autonomous systems and applications across various industrial sectors.
The European Conference on EDGE AI Technologies and Applications – EEAI brings together researchers, practitioners, and edge intelligence champions to convey and exemplify their perspectives on energy-efficient edge AI architectures, frameworks, and platforms.
The conference addresses the edge AI foundations, applications, algorithms, software, communication networks, and systems. It allows showcasing the latest advancements in these areas, providing an arena for debating/identifying future directions and challenges.
The European Conference on EDGE AI Technologies and Applications aims to serve as an innovative edge AI platform for exchanging ideas and concepts and feature several leading voices in research and industry supporting the integration of edge AI technologies for advancing future industrial applications.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
Edge AI Technologies
- Edge AI tools and methods
- Edge AI auto ML
- Architectures, frameworks, and protocols for intelligent edge processing
- Machine vision: image classification, object detection, semantic segmentation
- Energy optimisation for edge devices
- Reconfigurable edge AI
- Optimisation methods and techniques for neural networks
- Multimodal learning implications for edge AI training and inference
- Federated learning
- Edge AI accelerators architectures
- Neuromorphic Architectures
- RISC-V-based edge AI hardware acceleration
- Edge AI heterogeneous systems integration
- Smart connectivity at the edge
- Simulation and analysis techniques for edge intelligence
- Human to edge AI interaction and its implications for privacy
- Edge AI explainability and interpretability
- Generative edge AI
- Integrated hardware and software edge platforms
- AI hardware-software co-design
- Edge AI workflows and systems design
- Integrating transformers: data, hardware, and software engineering challenges
- Trustworthy edge AI
- Edge AI for sustainability and sustainable edge AI
- Edge AI system holistic approach: converging hardware, software, AI technology stack and data
Edge AI Applications
- Digital industry
- Agri-food and beverage
- Intelligent mobility systems
- Digital society
Please find the programme here.
Please register here for the event.