LocationCentre for Research and Technology Hellas - CERTH
Central Directorate 6th km Charilaou-Thermi Rd P.O. Box
57001 Thermi, Thessaloniki
The EPoSS General Assembly and Annual Forum 2018 took place in Thessaloniki, Greece on 16-17 October 2018. Facing challenges of digital transformation that affect not only various industrial and business fields, but in a variety of aspects our everyday lives as well, this year’s Annual Forum focused on Smart Systems as an essential “Enabler for a Competitive Digital Europe”.
For further information about the programme please follow the link "EPoSS Annual Forum 2018 Programme".
To see some of the photos of the event please follow the link "Impressions".
The event took place in the CERTH Centre.
Centre for Research and Technology Hellas - CERTH
Thermi Thessaloniki – Central Directorate
6th km Charilaou-Thermi Rd
P.O. Box 60361
GR 57001 Thermi, Thessaloniki
Tel: +30 2310 498100
Fax: +30 2310 498180
Call for Presentations (closed)
Call for Presentations is already closed
The European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration – EPoSS – will carry out its General Assembly and Annual Forum 2018 in Thessaloniki, Greece on 16-17 October 2018. Facing challenges of digital transformation that affect not only various industrial and business fields, but in a variety of aspects our everyday lives as well, this year’s Annual Forum will focus on Smart Systems as an essential “Enabler for a Competitive Digital Europe”. Digitalisation is one of the driving forces that opens possibilities for new businesses and product developments thus strongly influencing a continuous advancement of Smart Systems. With the goal to demonstrate novel opportunities for Smart Systems, presentations shall focus on Smart Systems solutions for chosen application areas that are massively affected by digitalisation and are strongly depending on Smart Systems development. The presentations shall address one of the following application areas:
- Smart Systems for Production and Energy
- Smart Systems for Mobility
- Smart Systems for IoT and Wearables
- Smart Systems for Food and Agriculture
Within these application areas presentations shall target different cross-cutting technologies and functionalities:
- Sense and control
- Flexible electronics
- Monitoring and actuation
- Energy supply and management
- Miniaturisation and integration
- Selforganisation and (neural) deep learning
- Communication and network technologies
- Data: generation, processing, storage, accessibility, randomisation, resilience, privacy
- Safety and security (including durability, reliability and reusability)
- Management of complexity, emergencies and uncertainties
- Efficacy and efficiency, recyclability