This dedicated support for students and young researchers is part of a series of support activities for the coming generation of Smart Systems engineers.
There is a growing need for Smart Systems in all sectors of the economy, and it is a very profitable business to develop Smart Systems
- that are needed by the market,
- that investors are interested in,
- that buyers are willing to pay for, and
- that are accepted by end-users
At the same time, Smart Systems Integration requires knowledge and skills in a multitude of technologies and production processes, as well as the ability to master their integration. Due to this multi-disciplinarity of Smart Systems Integration, both eucation and training are particularly complex and challenging, and there is a risk of running into skills shortage in the near future, which would have a very negative effect on the European economy.
Since many years, EPoSS therefore supports students and young researchers, e.g.
- by cooperating with the Erasmus Mundus MSc on Smart Systems Integration,
- by providing textbook style inventories of technologies and production processes in its Strategic Research Agenda, or
- by allowing free participation in the EPoSS Annual Forum.
Students and yound researchers are particularly invited to participate
- in the EPoSS Annual Forum 2015 to be held in Leuven on 12-13 October 2015. Participation is free of charge. Online registration is available >>here
- in the Call for Presentations "State of the (Sm)Art: Smart Systems Responding to Demand Side Requirements”. The deadline for abstract submission is 14 August 2015.
- in the Call for Posters and Demonstrators. The deadline for abstract submission is 11 September 2015.
Quick Links for the EPoSS Annual Forum 2015
- Event Website:
- Event Flyer:
- Call for Presentations:
- Call for Posters & Demonstrators:
- Online Registration: