The Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications (JoWUA) is an online peer-reviewed journal and aims to provide an international forum for researchers, professionals, and industrial practitioners on all topics related to wireless mobile networks, ubiquitous computing, and their dependable applications.
The “Internet of Things” (IoT) concept is used to define or reference systems that rely on the autonomous communication of a group of physical objects, being each one of them individually accessible and with capabilities to make decisions. Initial proofs of the potential of the IoT and Future Internet are found in the integration of the real-world information in Internet through the smart objects.
Smart objects are being extended to support and enable a huge amount of solutions based on cellular infrastructure and wireless sensor networks. Some examples of smart objects in our daily life are watches, smart phones, tablets, building automation sensors, security networks, access control systems, etc.
Many of the IoT systems and technologies are relatively novel. There are still many untapped applications areas, numerous technical challenges and issues that need to be improved and broadly exploded.
The aim of this special issue is to provide the last and most innovative contributions concerning Internet of Things, Big data and Ubiquitous Computing Technologies that interoperate with the objective of solving problems, provide functionality or optimize tasks.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Smart things network and communication: architectures, services and protocols.
- Smart things: privacy, security and identification.
- Internet of Things systems and applications.
- User-centric solutions to define IoT collaborative process.
- Innovative IoT Solutions for handicapped persons.
- Smart things and RFID/NFC communications.
- Smart things networks for real world data management.
- Practical experiences in Smart cities, large-scale IoT systems.
- Opportunistic IoT, based on opportunistic networking techniques.
- Soft Computing Technologies for Internet Services.
- Approximate Knowledge-based Systems for Internet Services.
- Intelligent systems based on connected vehicles.
- Ambient Intelligence and IoT.
- Cognitive Informatics and IoT.
Submissions will be judged based on their originality, novelty, and quality. Submissions must not substantially overlap with papers that have previously published or are currently submitted for publication.
- Antonio Skarmeta, University of Murcia, Spain (skarmeta at um.es).
- M. Victoria Moreno University of Murcia, Spain (mvmoreno at um.es).
- Antonio Iera, University Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria (antonio.iera at unirc.it).
- Indication of Interests: as soon as possible.
- Manuscript submission : December 15th, 2014.
- 1st acceptance/rejection notification: January 30th, 2015
- Final acceptance notification: Feb. 28, 2015
- Submission of final paper: March 6, 2015
- Publication date: the middle of March 2015
All submissions to JoWUA must be made using the online submission system supported by the EasyChair system.
The submissions will be assigned to at least two independent referees who have professional backgrounds in the related subject area.
To submit a paper, please log onto the JoWUA online submission system
During the submission, please select the track “SI: Smart Things, Big Data Technology and Ubiquitous Computing solutions for the future Internet of Things”