EPoSS Newsletter 4/2011
Dear EPoSS Newsletter Subscribers,
The previous month has been a very busy month for the Smart Systems Community. There are a lot of news items, calls for papers and event announcements which we would like to share with you.
We would particularly like to highlight the EPoSS Annual Forum 2011 "Towards Smart Systems Products" and
the EPoSS Proposers' Day 2011 which will be held 5-7 October 2011 in
++ Participate in the Call for Presentations
++ Register for the event
++ Present your project ideas at the EPoSS Proposers' Day
Furthermore, please note that the Call for Papers for the SMART SYSTEMS INTEGRATION 2012 conference to be held 21-22 March 2012 in Zurich is now open.
Contents of this Issue
- Two weeks to go: Participate in the EPoSS Call for Presentations
- Register for the EPoSS Annual Forum 2011
- Present your project ideas at the EPoSS Proposers' Day
- SSI 2012: Call for Papers is now open
- Final Call for Papers: 1st EOS Topical Meeting on Micro- and Nano-Optoelectronic Systems
- Research Helpdesk to support researchers and innovators to include standarization in FP7 proposals
- FP7 calls now open: 200M€ Budget for topics relevant to EPoSS Community
- Updated ICT Work Programme 2011-2012 available
- Call for Papers for Microsys Berlin
- 12th Joint CORNET Call for Transnational Collective Research Project Proposals
- Call for exhibitors at the Innovation Convention
- Call for Presentations: Forum "be-flexible" 2011
- Eurosensor 2011, 4-7 September 2011 (Athens)
- ICCE - Berlin 2011, 6-8 September 2011 (Berlin)
- 4th International Workshop on Multi-analyte Biosensing Devices, 7-8 September 2011 (Athens)
- Joint Strategy and Networking Event 2011 European Green Cars Initiative, 8 September 2011 (Berlin)
- Info Session on standardization in research projects, 9 September 2011 (Brussels)
- EUROMAT 2011, 12-15 September 2011 (Montpellier)
- FedCSIS 2011 - Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, 18-21 September 2011 (Poland)
- EPoSS Annual Forum 2011, 5-7 October 2011 (Barcelona)
- EPoSS Proposers' Day 2011, 7 October 2011 (Barcelona)
- EMMIT 2011, 10-12 October 2011 (Cyprus)
- IoT International Forum, 23-24 November 2011 (Berlin)
- Forum "be-flexible" 2011 - Call for Presentations, 23-24 November 2011 (Munich)
- SciTech EUROPE - Advancing Research, Innovation & Collaboration, 24 November 2011 (Brussels)
- Innovation Convention, 5-6 December 2011 (Brussels)
- 1st EOS Topical Meeting on Micro- and Nano-Optoelectronic Systems, 7 - 9 December 2011 (Bremen)
- Microsys Berlin - micro-optics and micro-optical systems convention, 20 - 21 March 2012 (Berlin)
- SSI 2012: International Conference & Exhibition on Integration Issues of Miniaturized Systems, 21-22 March 2012 (Zurich)
- 4th International Conference "Smart Materials, Structures and Systems", 10-14 June 2012 (Montecatini Terme)
The Call has been launched for the EPoSS Annual Forum 2011 "Towards Smart Systems Products" to be held in Barcelona, 6 October 2011. To participate in the Call, send a synopsis of your presentation together with your full contact details, a short biography, a photo, and the title of your presentation to the EPoSS Office by 2 September 2011.
The event will be held in Barcelona, 5-7 October 2011. Participation is free of charge for EPoSS members and participants from Spain. This year the Annual Forum is extended to a three-day event to accommodate an EPoSS Proposers' Day on relevant EU Calls. The EPoSS Proposers' Day is free of charge for all participants.
The EPoSS Proposers' Day 2011 on relevant EU Calls, such as ICT Call 8 and the 2011/2012 PPP Calls will take place in Barcelona, 7 October 2011. Participation is free of charge for all participants.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 14 October 2011.
The conference which is part of the activities of EPoSS will take place in Zurich, Switzerland, 21-22 March 2012.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 9 September 2011. The event will take place in Bremen, 7-9 December 2011.
CEN and CENELEC have put into place a new team to support and inform the research community in understanding and integrating standardization in their future research and innovation project.
EPoSS supports the proposal and consortium building process through a Proposers' Day in Barcelona on 7 October 2011, as well as through a brokerage tool on the website. In addition, a document is available highlighting objectives and relevant calls in the current ICT Work Programme that are relevant for the EPoSS community.
Changes of relevance to the EPoSS community concern publication dates and submission deadlines for calls, budget figures, call fiches as well as relevant overview tables.
The submission deadline is 15 October 2011. Microsys Berlin will take place in Berlin, 20-21 March 2012.
Project consortia of associations, federations, trade associations or groupings of industrial enterprises (especially SMEs) from at least 2 different CORNET countries are invited to submit proposals for joint collective research projects.
The European Commision is organising on 5-6 December 2011 its first Innovation Convention following the adoption of the Innovation Union flagship initiative in October 2010. It will include a key exhibition in the heart of Brussels showcasing the latest research and innovation results being developed in Europe under EU funding. The deadline for submission of exhibition proposals is 7 September 2011.
The deadline for submission was extended to 24 August 2011. The Forum will take place in Munich, 23-24 November 2011, with a subsequent Open Lab Day on 25 November at the Fraunhofer EMFT facilities in Munich.