EPoSS Newsletter 2/2012
Dear EPoSS Newsletter Subscribers,
With this second EPoSS Newsletter in 2012 we would like to update you on the most recent news items and announcements for events related to Smart Systems Integration.
In particular, we would like to cordially invite you to be part of this year’s 3-day EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum & Engagement Day 2012 that will take place 26-28 September 2012 at the
Campus des Cordeliers
21, rue de l’école de médicine
75270 Paris Cedex 06
We very much like you to contribute actively to the success of the EPoSS Annual Forum 2012 “Industrial Leadership and Solutions for Societal Challenges” on 27 September 2012 by joining the speakers list. We would also very much appreciate you encouraging other participants from your organisation to give a presentation at the event. A Call for Presentations has been launched for this purpose; deadline for abstract submission is 5 August 2012.
We also like to invite all EPoSS members and all those who intend to become a member to participate in the EPoSS General Assembly which will take place in the afternoon of 26 September 2012. Following the General Assembly, there will be meetings of the EPoSS Expert Working Groups; in the evening all participants will gather for the traditional EPoSS dinner event.
The third conference day – 28 September 2012 – will be an EPoSS Engagement Day focussing upon how Smart Systems providers can better connect with user communities. It will start with a COWIN tutorial on regulation compliance, followed by sessions on the medical devices aspect of Micro-Nano-Bio Systems, the Internet of Things and a review of roadmaps for the exploitation of Smart Systems.
Throughout the 3-day event, there will be a poster exhibition and a COWIN Marketplace. We invite you to exhibit and present a poster illustrating a project, product or technology, using the exhibition as a targeted dissemination activity in the case of funded research projects, to attract partners for new projects, and as a showcase for innovative products and technologies.
Online registration is now open. Make sure you have a seat at the event by registering now!
|Quick links for the event:|
|EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum & Engagement Day 2012:
|EPoSS Call for Presentations:
|EPoSS Poster Exhibition:
Recent News Items
- Contributions are invited for the on-line Smart Systems Technology Survey
The results will generate a snapshot of the EU Smart Systems supply chain and recommendations of actions to stimulate its success. They will also provide the foundation for applications and technology roadmaps that will be published in the new EPoSS Strategic Research Agenda. Please provide your contribution by 30 June 2012. Read More…
- Invitation for EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum & Engagement Day 2012
You are cordially invited to participate in the EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum and Engagement Day 2012 to be held in Paris, 26-28 September 2012. Participation is free of charge for EPoSS members. Read More…
- Registration now open for EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum & Engagement Day 2012
The event will take place in Paris, 26-28 September 2012. Make sure you have a seat at the event by registering now. Participation is free of charge for EPoSS members. Read More…
- Call for Presentations launched for EPoSS Annual Forum 2012 "Industrial Leadership and Solutions for Societal Challenges"
Deadline for abstract submission is 5 August 2012. The EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum and Engagement Day 2012 will be held in Paris, 26-28 September 2012. Read More…
- Exhibit and present a poster at this year's 3-day EPoSS event in Paris, 26-28 September 2012
Participants have the opportunity to exhibit a poster illustrating a project, product or technology, using the exhibition as a targeted dissemination activity in the case of funded research projects, to attract partners for new projects, and as a showcase for innovative products and technologies that should interest and stimulate the Smart Systems community. Read More…
- COWIN Tutorial & Marketplace at EPoSS Annual Forum 2012
COWIN will organize a COWIN Marketplace at this year's EPoSS Annual Forum in Paris, 26-28 September 2012, and a COWIN Tutorial on regulation compliance at the EPoSS Engagement Day 2012 on 28 September 2012. Read More…
- Consulation on furture of MNBS research
EPoSS members are invited to provide input to the consultation that was launched at MNBS 2012 in Athens, 3-4 May 2012. Read More…
- Call for proposals for FP7 'Future internet-2012'
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for the Seventh Framework Programme 'Future internet-2012'. Read More…
- A new Directorate General: DG INFSO becomes DG CONNECT
As of 1st July 2012, the DG which is managed by Robert Madelin will be known as the Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT). Read More…
- Invitation to join IoT Week 2012 in Venice
You are invited to participate in IoT Week 2012, Europe’s leading conference on the Internet of Things. The second edition of the conference will consist of top-class speeches of renowned senior executives and academics, challenging workshops and sophisticated panel discussions. IoT-Week 2012 will take place in Venice, 18-22 June 2012. Read More…
- Commission consults on IoT Governance - Your voice is now important!
The Internet is gearing up for the next technological revolution: communication with and among objects. How would you envisage the "governance" of such an "Internet of Things" (IoT)? Read More…
- Call for Papers: BIODEVICES 2013
BIODEVICES 2013 will be held in Barcelona, 11-14 February 2013. Deadline for paper submission is 20 July 2012. Read More…
- Call for proposals: ENIAC Call 7
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for the ENIAC Joint Undertaking. Read More…
- Call for proposals: ARTEMIS-2012-1
The European Commission has published a call for proposals for ARTEMIS 2012 within the framework of the Seventh EC Framework Programme. Read More…
- Opportunity to present project ideas at EURIPIDES Forum 2012
The event will take place in Graz, Austria, 13-15 June 2012. The proposal session will be held on 13 June 2012 at 13:30. Read More…
- Publication of the 2013 NMP Orientation Paper
This year the last NMP calls for proposals under FP7 will be published. These last calls are expected to provide over €600m for funding and will contribute towards the objectives of Europe 2020, the Innovation Union Flagship and other EU policies. Read More…
- Smart Systems and Textiles: e-textiles improving health and safety
With their countless applications, Smart Systems are making lives better on so many levels. A new futuris video gives examples in the area of e-textiles in health and safety. EPoSS members are on the forefront. Read More…
- Call for participants: Made in Europe – ICT building blocks tackling societal challenges
The event, showcasing how research contributes to real-life health, sustainability and mobility applications and services will take place in Brussels, 8 October 2012. Read More…
- Call for Papers: Wearable Devices for the Monitoring and Treatment of Chronic Diseases
Researchers are invited to submit research articles which address the new research and development of wearable devices, which can be used for the monitoring and treatment of patients suffering from chronic diseases. Read More…
- Celtic-Plus "Smart Connected World" Call for Proposals 2012
Celtic-Plus is dedicated to realising the vision of a smart connected world through an industry-driven R&D programme There will be two calls in 2012 (in spring and in autumn), with an expected total project volume of around 100 million euro. The funding is orchestrated via the Celtic-Plus programme and provided by EUREKA Public Authorities. Read More…
- SSI 2012: EPoSS Keynotes & EPoSS Session presentations now available
The keynote presentations by EPoSS Chairman Carmelo Papa of STMicroelectronics and EU Commission representative Henri Rajbenbach, as well as the welcome address by Conference Chair Thomas Gessner and the presentations held in the EPoSS Sessions at SSI 2012 in Zurich, 21-22 March 2012 are now available for donwload. Read More…
- New Publication: 'Understanding the Long Term Impact of the Framework Programme
The study is intended as an initial exploration of longer-term impacts and of the usefulness of coupling scientometric techniques with a case-based approach to impact. Read More…
- 30 years of EU investment in Research and Innovation!
Tables and graphs show budget execution in the seven Framework Programmes from 1984 to 2013. Read More…
- Call for Papers MME 2012
Authors of selected papers will be invited to contribute to a special issue of Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, the world's leading journal for MEMS and micro-scale research. The workshop will be held in Ilmenau, 9-12 September 2012. Read More…
- IRISS Information Flyer now available
The Flyer includes information on the Coordination and Support Action IRISS - Implementation of Research and Innovation on Smart Systems Technologies - which is funded by the European Commission in FP7 (grant agreement no 287842). Read More…
- COWIN Report and guideline to optimise smart systems penetration into the diagnostics and food markets
The report is publicly available at the COWIN website (www.cowin4u.eu). However, registration is required before downloading the report. Read More…
- EUMINAfab open calls: 6th standard call and specific call
Specific call (closure date 30 June 2012): Applications welcome relevant to the fields of Health, Energy & Environment, ICT, Optics & Photonics, Characterisation & Metrology. 6th Standard call (closure date 30 June 2012): Apply for the use of one or more technologies based at partners sites. Read More…
- Call for Participation in new EPoSS Expert Working Groups
All EPoSS members are invited to participate in two new EPoSS Expert Working Groups. Read More…
- Cordis Partners Service
Successful projects depend on interaction and cooperation between partners. The CORDIS Partners Service lets you take a hands-on approach to a wide range of activities related to getting support, building projects and finding opportunities Read More…
- OECD Report "Machine-to-Machine Communications: Connecting Billions of Devices"
The report is now publicly available. Read More…
4th International Conference "Smart Materials, Structures and Systems"
The event will be held from the 10-14 June 2012, in Montecatini Terme, Italy.
- Partnership event for FP7 NMP and PPP calls
The event will take place on 12 June 2012 in Lyon, 12 June 2012.
- EURIPIDES Annual Forum 2012
The event will take place in Graz, Austria, 13-15 June 2012.
- Health + Biotech 2012
The brokerage event will take place in Rome, 13 June 2012.
- Advanced Automotive Battery Conference (AABC Europe 2012)
The conference is the largest European energy-storage conference of 2012. It will be held in Mainz, 18-22 June 2012.
- IoT Week 2012
The full-week event will be held in Venice, 18-22 June 2012.
- Industrial Technologies 2012: Integrating nano, materials, and production
The conference will offer integrated coverage of nanoscience and nanotechnology, materials, and new production processes (NMP). It will highlight the knowledge of intensive products and processes driving European growth to 2020, identifying solutions to improve the framework conditions for innovation in Europe. The congress will take place in Aarhus, 19-21 June 2012.
- LOPE-C 2012 - Large-area, Organic and Printed Electronics Convention
The event will take place in Munich, 19-21 June 2012.
- Innovation @ DIT - Where Science Meets Industry
The event will be held in Dublin on 19 June 2012.
- Security and privacy in the digital world-Solutions from the Smart Security Industry
This conference will be held in Brussels, 20 June 2012.
- COMS 2012 - 17th annual conference on commercializing micro- and nanotechnology
The conference will be held in Vestfold, Norway, 24-27 June 2012
- EIT conference: Good practices and learnings
European Institute of Innovation & Technology: The next EIT conference will take place in Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, on 25-26 June 2012.
- pHealth 2012 - 9th International Conference on Wearable Micro and Nano Technologies for Personalized Health
The event will take place in Porto, 26-28 June 2012.
- 1st Joint Symposium on System-Integrated Intelligence: New Challenges for Product and Production Engineering
The Conference will take place in Hannover, 27-29 June 2012. EPoSS member ISIS Sensorial Materials Scientific Centre in Bremen organizes a special session "Enabling Technologies for Sensorial Materials - Taking sensor integration further".
- Celtic-Plus Proposers’ Day 2012
The next Celtic-Plus Proposers' Day will be held in Berlin, 3 July 2012. The event will be co-located with the Future Network and Mobile Summit (FuNeMS).
- Energy Research Information Day – 2013 FP7 calls
The information Day will be held in Brussels, 4 July 2012. A number of energy-related Calls for Proposals under FP7 are planned to be published on 10 July 2012.
- FuNeMS 2012 - Future Network and Mobile Summit 2012
The event will take place in Berlin, 4-6 July 2012.
- Cambridge Summer Salon workshop event "Advanced Manufacturing and Design"
The event is for EPoSS members and upon invitation only. It will take place in Cambridge, 5-6 July 2012.
- FP7 Information Day on Research PPPs
The Information Day will be held in Brussels, 9-10 July 2012.
- ESOF 2012: Euroscience Open Forum 2012
The event will be held in Dublin, 11-15 July 2012.
- RFID and Waste conference - RFID: Enabling or polluting? Building a community of interest
RFID and Waste conference - RFID: Enabling or polluting? Building a community of interest- will be held on 11 July 2012 in Brussels
- SMART INTERNET OF THINGS 2012
The event will take place in England in the Conference Centre of the world famous Manchester United Football Club, Old Trafford, Manchester, 3-6 September 2012. It is a 3 day event with a range of optional add-on programmes. There will be plenary and break out sessions.
- FedCSIS 2012 - Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems
The multiconference will be held in Wroclaw, Poland, 9-12 September 2012.
- MME 2012: 23rd Micromechanics and Microsystems Europe Workshop
The event will take place in Ilmenau, 9-12 September 2012.
- TNT 2012, 13th edition Trends in Nanotechnology Conference
The conference will be held in Madrid, 10-14 September 2012.
- Energy Efficient Transportataion Networks
The event will be held in Cité Descartes, near Paris, 10-12 September 2012.
- AAL Forum 2012 "Tomorrow in Sight: From Design to Delivery"
The event will take place in Eindhoven, 24–27 September 2012.
- EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum & Engagement Day 2012
You are cordially invited to participate in the EPoSS General Assembly, Annual Forum and Engagement Day 2012 to be held in Paris, 26-28 September 2012. Participation is free of charge for EPoSS members.
- ICT Proposers' Day 2012: Networking for European ICT Research & Development
The event will take place in Warsaw, 26-27 September 2012.
- 8th micro & nanotechnologies brokerage event within Micronora 2012
The event, which will be held in Besonçon, 27-28 September 2012 in conjunction with the Micronora trade-fair in Besançon, France, is a new opportunity for exchanges between companies, research laboratories and technology clusters. Preplanned meetings at the event are a catalyst for new partnerships and business relationships – an excellent link between exhibitors and visitors to the trade-fair who want to talk about R&D, innovation and collaborative projects.
- Made in Europe – ICT building blocks tackling societal challenges
The event, showcasing how research contributes to real-life health, sustainability and mobility applications and services will take place in Brussels, 8 October 2012.
- WORLD MANUFACTURING FORUM 2012 - Smart Policies for Global Manufacturing Innovation
The event will take place in Stuttgart, 16 - 18 October 2012.
- The NEM Summit 2012 "Implementing Future Media Internet towards New Horizons"
The event will take place in Istanbul on 16-18 October 2012.
- ITS 2012: 19th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems and Services
The event will be held in Vienna, 22 - 26 October 2012.
- 3rd FOKUS FUSECO Forum 2012 - ‘Future Seamless Communication - Convergence of Human-to-Human and
Machine-to-Machine Communications within emerging open Smart City ICT
The event will take place at the Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS in Berlin, 15-16 November 2012.