EPoSS Newsletter 1/2012
Dear EPoSS Newsletter Subscribers,
With this first EPoSS Newsletter in 2012 we would like to update you on the most recent news items and announcements for events related to Smart Systems Integration. Also, we would like to bring to your attention a number of imminent deadlines:
- The position paper submission deadline for the Workshop on Smart Object Security is 15th February 2012
- The Call for Papers for the 1st Joint Symposium on System-Integrated Intelligence closes on 17 February
- The early bird rate for SSI 2012 is available until 17 February
In addition, please note that the next EPoSS Working Group and Strategy Meetings will be co-located with SSI 2012 and MEMS Executive Congress Europe and consequently will be held in Zurich in the afternooon of 19th March 2012.
And last but not least, please already mark the date for the EPoSS General Assembly & Annual Forum 2012 in your calendars. The event will take place in Paris, 26-28 September 2012.
Contents of this Issue
- EPoSS Working Group and Strategy Meetings to be co-located with SSI 2012 and MEMS Executive Congress Europe
- Video Interviews on YOUR experiences working in Smart Systems - Specific focus on SMEs
- Regster now for SSI 2012 - 30% discount for EPoSS members - Early bird rate until 17 Februar
- Fourth Future Internet Award competition now open
- Sys Int 2012: Call for Papers closes 17 February 2012
- Article on Smart Systems in EE|Times
- Future and Emerging Technologies Newsletter: FET through the keyhole
- COWIN Marketplace at SSI 2012
- Opportunity for EPoSS Community in Future Internet PPP Project: First FI-WARE Open Call for Additional Beneficiaries
- Internet of Things Europe - Imagine everything was linked...
- fet11 Conference Proceedings now available
- EURIPIDES: More flexibility for projects submission in 2012: four deadlines
- The European Commission adopts a Green Paper and launches a Public Consultation on Solid State Lighting
- Job offer at Infobotica Research Group at University of Oviedo
- Horizon 2020: Impact Assessment Report
- Future and Emerging Technologies: Next Call is relevant for Smart Systems community
- CIP Workshop: Funding opportunities in ICT for Health, Ageing Well & Inclusion
The Workshop will take place in Brussels, 17 February 2012.
- Future Internet Architecture (FIArch) - Open Workshop on the Future Internet Architecture Design Principles
The Workshop will take place in Brussels, 22 February 2012.
- Microsys Berlin - micro-optics and micro-optical systems convention
Microsys Berlin takes place in Berlin, 20 - 21 March 2012.
- MEMS Executive Congress Europe
MEMS in the Mainstream - The conference will take place in Zurich, 20th of March 2012.
- SSI 2012: International Conference & Exhibition on Integration Issues of Miniaturized Systems
The event, which is part of the activities of EPoSS, will take place in Zurich on 21-22 March 2012. EPoSS members get approx. 30% discount on the conference fee. Participation in the EPoSS Sessions is free of charge.
- Workshop on Smart Object Security
The Workshop will take place in Paris, 23rd March 2012.
- Printed Electronics Europe 2012
The event on printed, organic and flexible electronics is hosted by IDTechEx and will take place in Berlin, 3-4 April 2012.
- Graphene Conference 2012
Graphene 2012 International Conference will be the largest European Event in Graphene to be held at Brussels44Center in Brussels, 10-13 April 2012.
- Future Internet Week 2012
The Future Internet Week will take place in Aalborg, 7-11 May 2012.
- SMT Hybrid Packaging - System Integration in Micro Electronics
Meet the industry's leading companies for SMT Equipment, Components and SMT Services in Nuremberg, Germany, 8 - 10 May 2012.
- AMAA 2012
16th International Forum on Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications (AMAA 2012), "Smart Systems for Safe, Sustainable and Networked Vehicles" will be held in Berlin 30-31 May 2012.
- 3rd European Summit on the Future Internet
This event will take place in Espoo, Finnland, 31 May 2012 - 1 June 2012.
- 4th International Conference "Smart Materials, Structures and Systems"
The event will be held from the 10-14 June 2012, in Montecatini Terme, Italy.
- EURIPIDES Annual Forum 2012
The event will take place in Graz, Austria, 13-15 June 2012.
- Industrial Technologies 2012: Integrating nano, aterials, and production
The congress will take place in Aarhus, 19-21 June 2012.
- EIT conference: Good practices and learnings
The conference will take place in Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, on 25-26 June 2012.
- 1st Joint Symposium on System-Integrated Intelligence: New Challenges for Product and Production Engineering
The Conference will take place in Hannover, 27-29 June 2012. EPoSS member ISIS Sensorial Materials Scientific Centre in Bremen organizes a special session "Enabling Technologies for Sensorial Materials - Taking sensor integration furthe"
- EPoSS General Assembly & Annual Forum 2012
The EPoSS General Assembly & Annual Forum 2012 will be held in Paris, France, 26-28 September 2012. Participation is free of charge for EPoSS members.
EPoSS Working Group and Strategy Meetings to be co-located with SSI 2012 and MEMS Executive Congress Europe
The EPoSS Working Group and Strategy Meetings will take place in Zurich, in the afternoon of 19 March 2012.
During your visit to SSI 2012, the Coordination Action IRISS - Implementation of Research and Innovation on Smart Systems Technologies - would like to hear about your experiences working in Smart Systems.
The SSI 2012 conference on 21-22 March 2012 in Zurich is part of the activities of EPoSS. EPoSS members get approx. 30% discount using a special registration code. Early bird rates are available until 17 February 2012. EPoSS is organising two special sessions on 21 March 2011, 10:45 - 12:25 and 13:30 - 15:00.
The closing date for receipt of entries is 6 April 2012.
Sys Int 2012: Call for Papers closes 17 February 2012
The 1st Joint Symposium on System-Integrated Intelligence will take place in Hannover, 27-29 June 2012. EPoSS member ISIS Sensorial Materials Scientific Centre in Bremen is organizing a special session "Enabling Technologies for Sensorial Materials - Taking sensor integration further". Submission of abstracts for the symposium as well as for the Special Sessions is possible until 17 February 2012.
The article entitled "In a smart-system world, data’s ‘the new currency’" was published on 7 November 2011 and provides interesting information on how Smart Systems are considered key products and how they are of strategic importance for future markets and for society as a whole.
This newsletter informs about ongoing and future activities in the field of Future and Emerging Technologies and presents some key results and achievements of ongoing projects and initiatives.
This year COWIN provides its Marketplace matchmaking services directly on its booth during the SSI 2012 in Zurich, 21-22 March 2012.
Opportunity for EPoSS Community in Future Internet PPP Project: First FI-WARE Open Call for Additional Beneficiaries
The FI-WARE project, currently active in the Seventh Framework Programme of the European Community for research and technological development, announces its First Open Call for new project partners.
DG INFSO has published 3 teasers and a promotional IoT video.
fet11 took place in Budapest from 4-6 May 2011. The 2011 event featured an exceptionally broad range of scientific fields and sowed the seeds for new ideas across disciplines.
For the Spring call, the closing date for PO submission is February 13th, 2012; closing date for FPP submission is May 2nd, 2012. For the Autumn call, the closing date for PO submission is September 10th, 2012; closing date for FPP submission is November 15th, 2012.
The European Commission adopts a Green Paper and launches a Public Consultation on Solid State Lighting
As part of the Digital Agenda for Europe the European Commission adopted on 15th December 2011 a Green Paper and launched a public consultation on the future of solid state lighting.
Infobotica Research Group at University of Oviedo is seeking a Researcher to incorporate to its team. Duties for this position include the development of R&D projects in the field of Robotics.
Europe faces a series of crucial challenges: low growth, insufficient innovation, and a diverse set of environmental and social challenges. Europe 2020, the EU's comprehensive long-term strategy, recognizes these challenges and argues that Europe faces a moment of transformation.
Future and Emerging Technologies: Next Call is relevant for Smart Systems community - Infoday on 18 January 2012
Two of the four FET Proactive Initiatives in FP7 Call 9 are of interest to the Smart Systems community, namely 2011-9.11: Neuro-Bio-Inspired Systems (NBIS) and 2011-9.10: Fundamentals of Collective Adaptive Systems (FOCAS). An Info Day on FP7 Call 9 objectives will be held on 18 January 2012 in Brussels.