Call for Presentations "Industrial Leadership and Solutions for Societal Challenges"Up one level
This year’s Call for Presentations focuses on
- Smart Systems integrating multiple technologies, multiple functionalities, and new or hybrid materials
- Smart Systems interfacing with the human body, the environment or with one another
- Aspects of the Smart Systems life cycle, such as design, prototyping, manufacturing, test, reliability and recyclability.
Smart Systems have a vital role in securing Europe’s industrial leadership in key applications and tomorrow’s markets - which themselves are prompted by major societal challenges. Accordingly, we call for presentations that address:
- Paths to industrial leadership in major application sectors, through take-up of
- Smart Systems for manufacturing and factory automation
- Smart Systems contributing to the secure, clean and efficient use of energy
- Micro-Nano-Bio Systems in health, environment, the process industries, safety & security, and human-machine interfaces (e.g. brain-computer interfaces, body-area-networks, smart implants)
- Smart Systems products and smart enabled services that will lead tomorrow’s markets, in healthcare, energy, mobility, communications, and perhaps totally new sectors
- The manufacturing of Smart Systems, including design, processes, materials, equipment, test and prototyping activities
Presentations regarding any of the above topics should be in line with the industrial and applications driven character of the EPoSS Annual Forum.
Presentations will be selected by the members of the EPoSS Steering Group.
If you wish to participate in the call for presentations, please send the proposed title of your presentation, an abstract, together with your full contact details, a short biography, and your photo to the EPoSS Office by 5th August 2012.
Invitations for selected presentations will be sent by 19th August 2012.
If selected, the deadline for submission of the full presentation will be 2nd September 2012.
The event is sponsored by
The event is organised by
|EPoSS – the European Technology Platform on Smart Systems Integration|
|IRISS – the EC-funded CSA “Implementation of Research and Innovation on Smart Systems Technologies“|